Where you live and who you live with are important. Having a comfortable, safe and enjoyable place to call home impacts all other aspects of your life. Often achieving this takes work and a willingness to have difficult conversations. Conversations that establish goals, set boundaries and address mutual respect. Conversations that include money, other resources and shared responsibilities.
I can help you have these conversations with: Landlords; Tenants; Roommates; Housemates; Family and extended family; Friends.
- Rent, rules and repairs
- Sharing space and resources
- Negotiating responsibilities and contributions
- Maintaining relationships
- Share your strengths and your challenges
- Be willing to “think outside the box” and come up with creative solutions
- Be honest about your needs and what you can do to meet the needs of others
- Make commitments and stick with them
- You will identify who needs to be at the table to reach resolution
- I will help you reach out to those people and invite them to have a conversation. Multiparty conversations may be useful. Advocates, support people and professionals are welcome.
- I will create a safe space for a meeting
- We will bring everyone together to discuss the current situation and explore creative solutions – short term and long term
- Solutions will be documented