Where you live and who you live with are important. Having a comfortable, safe and enjoyable place to call home impacts all other aspects of your life. Often achieving this takes work and a willingness to have difficult conversations. Conversations that establish goals, set boundaries and address mutual respect. Conversations that include money, other resources and shared responsibilities.
We can help you have these conversations with: Landlords; Tenants; Roommates; Housemates; Family and extended family; Friends.
- Rent, rules and repairs
- Sharing space and resources
- Negotiating responsibilities and contributions
- Maintaining relationships
- Share your strengths and your challenges
- Be willing to “think outside the box” and come up with creative solutions
- Be honest about your needs and what you can do to meet the needs of others
- Make commitments and stick with them
- You will identify who needs to be at the table to reach resolution
- Our mediators will help you reach out to those people and invite them to have a conversation. Multiparty conversations may be useful. Advocates, support people and professionals are welcome.
- Our mediators will create a safe space for a meeting
- We will bring everyone together to discuss the current situation and explore creative solutions – short term and long term
- Solutions can be documented and can be reviewed or references later